Women and non-binary people: Catch up with us on July 1

This invite goes to all women and non-binary people out here:

You are invited to join us for our first online Rosie the Restarter. Usually held in London, Rosie the Restarter events are a place for women and non-binary people. We come together to learn about repair and share our fixing skills. From beginner to expert, everyone is welcome!

We miss catching up with our London Rosies, and we’d love to get to know the other women and non-binary people on here better :green_heart:

So please join us on Thursday, July 1, at 7pm for our “mending pile” style meetup. We’ll get to know each other, catch up and have a chat. Bring along your current fixing projects, you are welcome to work on them as we chat and to show us what you’re up to :speech_balloon: :hammer_and_wrench:

Please click the poll below if you’d like to join - I will send you a link to the video call on the day.

Who’s joining?

• Yes, I’m in!

0 voters

1 Like

Really looking forward to this. I organise the Portsmouth Repair Café and am no expert, but love giving things a go at home…have literally just finished replacing an iPhone battery in my husband’s phone with the brilliant tutorials on iFixit (and some kit that lives in my house between events)…thank goodness it worked (it is Father’s Day after all)…but feel like I could conquer the world now…and if I live another life at some point, I’d really like to become a more competent fixer of electrical things. Look forward to meeting others soon. Clare

3 Likes

Tagging @Alison_Buckland @Monique @hkoundi @ruth1 @Yvonne_Gentles @Alena_Patterson @Tina_crocker @Mercedes - hope I haven’t missed any self-described tinkerers or fixers, or any of our usual London crew

2 Likes

I’m glad it’s a virtual meet up, I’m currently having to self isolate due to travelling from the Netherlands.

2 Likes

I misread this as 7 July so won’t be able to join sorry as I’ll be in Wales with no internet! Please keep me posted on the next one as I’m keen to take part. Hope it goes well Donna

1 Like

Hi there…just checking…is this still on this evening? I’m about to go offline to sort kids etc, but aim to be back on for 7pm, and hope to find some call details somewhere for it. Hope to see you all later.

1 Like

@Clare_Seek Great timing, I just sent out a message with details. Looking forward to seeing you :slight_smile:

And to anyone else who’d like to join (but hasn’t indicated this in the poll): Please comment here or send me a message and I’ll send you the link to the video call :slight_smile: