This policy explains who we are and how we collect, use, retain, disclose and protect your personal data (hereafter referred to as ‘data’), how you can have your data deleted and information about the cookies we use.
Your personal information is protected by UK legislation, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
This policy was last updated on 19 June 2019.
Reason given: ‘updated our postal address’
Who runs this site?
We are The Restart Project, registered Charity number 1151286. Our registered address is: 3Space (International House), 6 Canterbury Crescent, Brixton, London, SW9 7QD. You can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone on +44 7544 314 678. From here on, we will be referred to in the first person: e.g. ‘we’, ‘us’.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
this website is a public forum and anything you post in non-private categories can be viewed by anyone on the internet. Please bear this in mind when deciding whether to post personal information on the website. Non-private categories are marked with an unlocked padlock icon
When registering on our site, you will be asked to enter your e-mail address and create a username. You can also give your real name if you wish, but this is optional. You may also visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
You can optionally fill in the ‘location’ field in your user profile to let the community know where you are based. You can add, edit or remove this at any time from your user settings page.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to respond to your individual needs. For example, to help you connect with other people in your area.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve user support — your information helps us respond more effectively to your requests and support needs. For example, if you’re having trouble accessing the platform and would like help, we can communicate with you via email.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your username, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. You can learn more about email notifications here. You can change the notifications you receive in your user settings at any time.
Transborder hosting and transfer of informationThis website is hosted and backed up within the European Union (EU) only and we do not transfer the website or backups of its database outside the EU. Of course, publicly available parts of the website can be downloaded from anywhere in the world.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures, including SSL, to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
What is your data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. We may release your information when we believe release is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How can I access, change, and/or delete information?To access, correct, update, and/or delete any personally-identifiable information that you submit to The Restart Project or post yourself in a public space on this website, please either follow instructions on the page of the Site on which you have provided the information or contact us at email@example.com. To unsubscribe from mailing lists you can follow instructions provided in the newsletters themselves.
Deleting your account
Once registered, you may ask us to delete or anonymise your account at any time.
- Account deletion removes all data associated with your account, including profile, posts and messages.
- Account anonymisation means the removal of your personal data from your profile and a new, anonymous username being chosen (for example, ‘former member’).
If you have made one (1) post or less, you can delete your own account at any time from your account settings.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.