The dashboard serves two main purposes: making you feel part of the bigger Restarters network, and helping to encourage you to get active in the network by providing quick access to key activities.
We got feedback that you as users would like to feel more part of the bigger picture when using the Fixometer, rather than seeing just your own group’s activity (which you can still see of course, on your groups’ pages). You suggested we could more communication within the software as to why it’s helpful to collect repair data. And also that you would like to hear more narrative stories about repairs, not just the quantitative stuff.
The intention of the dashboard is to give you an at-a-glance picture of what is going on across the wider network, both quantitatively and qualitatively, and to give you easy access to key activities you would want to undertake to get engaged both in your local area and globally.
Some current items we have on the dashboard:
- global impact stats for the whole network
- links to discussion threads in talk.restarters.net - where a lot of the narrative stories will sit in future
- a changing selection of posts from the Restarters wiki, where you can learn and share repair tips
- links to our latest community-oriented blog posts
- links to useful materials for getting started in community repair
- links to upcoming events to RSVP to, and links to recent events to help add device data
We want to improve the dashboard based on what you would find useful - let us know what would be useful for you, and what you think would be useful for other users, both new and long-timers!