Announcing Fixfest UK 2020 - Glasgow in June

We’re super excited to announce Fixfest UK! We’re joining with @Repair_Cafe_Glasgow to host another inspiring gathering of UK repair activists in Glasgow. 20th June at The Lighthouse.

Please read more, save the date, and pre-register.

We’ll be sharing more details soon and involving you in the programming, so start thinking about the sessions you might like to lead.

7 Likes

I’m thinking of spoiling myself by taking the sleeper train up from London on Friday night and maybe staying over Saturday night to see a bit of Glasgow on Sunday …

2 Likes

Sleeper train booked :smiley:

BTW I treated myself to a cabin on the sleeper train (about £130), but reclining seats are only about £30 at the moment.

2 Likes

More on travel to Glasgow…

Apart from the sleeper train, most of the cheap tickets apparently go on sale about 12 weeks before departure, so that will be around 27th March for 19th June, although there are some cheap London->Glasgow tickets available now.

I’ve got an alert set up on https://www.thetrainline.com/ to tell me when cheap Glasgow<->London tickets appear in case it’s earlier/later.

Anyone got any ideas on good, cheap places to stay?

Nice one Dave, thanks!

I think @Repair_Cafe_Glasgow are working on block-booking some accommodation (perhaps Jon or @Lauren_Crilly can confirm?)

In any case, I stayed at the Youth Hostel there recently, which was fine (and in a pretty amazing old mansion):

1 Like