Restart Social on Saturday 16th - International Repair Day

Dear @London Restarters,

Next week it’s Repair Day , and this year we’ve decided to celebrate it with a social for volunteers. What better occasion than visiting the photographic exhibition “Repair is Essential” , focusing on repair culture in Cuba (and beyond!). It features photographs by @Mark_Phillips, who curated it together with @Alex_Horn. We will be meeting on Saturday 16 October from 4-6pm at The Tabernacle, 34-35, Powis Square, W11 2YA, and Mark will be attending. For those of you who haven’t met him in person, he is a very talented photographer who’s been documenting and supporting Restart’s work for the last few years. You can check out some of his pictures on his website

It’d be great to get an idea of numbers, so we can plan a bit of logistics and refreshments. Please let us know if you can make it by replying below or sending me a private message.

Looking forward to seeing some of you next week!

3 Likes

Looking forward to being there saturday 16th October 4pm to 6pm

1 Like

Hello Ugo

What day are we meeting?

Thanks

Stuart

Hi again Ugo

Apologies, just seen it in the heading as the 16th October.

Thanks

Stuart

1 Like

Thanks for coming along yesterday!

I’ll be there on 16th :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish I could attend, but I’m still not really able to make short trips to London. Will miss everybody!

Très belle initiative. Je serai de cœur avec vous.

3 Likes

Hi Ugo,
I’m a newbie here. I hope to make it next Saturday :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, and especially @London Restarters and @London_Hosts, happy Repair Day for tomorrow! :tada:

We hope to see you tomorrow at @Mark_Phillips’s brilliant exhibition tomorrow between 4-6pm - some of us have confirmed, but it’s not too late to join! We’ll have some refreshments and a table booked outdoor at The Tabernacle to catch up with each other after looking at the photographs.

See you then!

2 Likes

Hi Ugo
not sure yet if i’ll be able to make it. But meanwhile saw you on
ITV yesterday evening, and the cambridge repair cafe - you made some
really important points!! thanks

ruth
1 Like

Hi Ruth,
Thanks! :slight_smile: and hope to see you tomorrow

Hi Ugo

Just to confirm that I’ll be there.

Regards

Stuart Russell

1 Like

and a Free guided tour by the photographer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I can’t make it anymore today :cry:

Sorry that I am unable to be there sending best wishes that it will be an inspiring event. Andrew

Very spontaneous, but Jamie and I will be there! Looking forward to catching up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great to see all that attended on 16th October @ The Tabernacle W11!

Just for the record, it was both @Alex_Horn and @Mark_Phillips that organised the event.

REMINDER: Repair Party at the DALGARNO TRUST, North Kensington on Sat 13th November from 2pm - all fixers welcome! - Organisers: West Central London Fixers