Join us for an online mini-Wikithon: 17th December

We’re having a ‘wikithon’ (or online wiki party) in December and you’re all invited! :partying_face:

:spiral_calendar: 2019-12-17T19:00:00Z (duration: 90 mins)
click/tap the time to see it in your time zone

The repair wiki is our place to record and share useful repair info and guides. It’s written by the community for the community and we think it’s time to give it some love :heart: by opening up new ways for everyone to get involved.

Come and join us as we look through some of the repair data logged by the network from events and build a list of tips and tricks :hammer_and_wrench: from repairers on the ground that can be added to the wiki for everyone’s benefit.

There are lots of interesting repairs recorded and we’d love your help :pray: to share those experiences with everyone.

The Wikithon will be happening entirely online! We’ll start with a quick video/audio chat (optional) and then open a live text chat to help us all keep in touch. For those who like a soundtrack, we can also build a shared playlist :man_dancing:

If that sounds good, please RSVP by completing the poll below:

Would you like to come along?

:spiral_calendar: 2019-12-17T19:00:00Z
:clock8: Duration: 90 mins

• Count me in!
  • I can’t make this date, but I’d like to learn more about contributing to the wiki

0 voters

2 Likes

Great @james is there a place we can suggest / add changes to the Wiki (irrespective of what’s in the repairs database), that is not this thread?

The hope is to create one after the Wikithon, starting with the list of suggested additions/changes we create on the day.

But anyone is also welcome to go ahead and edit the Wiki directly, including creating blank pages for missing content :slight_smile:
All changes are moderated, so no need to worry about breaking anything.

If I’m unsure about where the edits should go, should I use the “discussion” feature?

I’d like to know what if any activity there is in nordic countries, as I’d expect them to be very interested if not active yet.

In particular Finland as Ive been there many times to see family

Best Regards Steve

For specific comments on a particular page, the discussion feature on the Wiki itself is probably the best place, yep. For more general questions about the Wiki (e.g. wanting to add a new page), the #repair-stories category on the forum is probably best. Would you agree @philip?

Hi Steve, do you mean activity on the wiki, or community repair in general?
At the moment, we work directly with groups in Iceland, Norway and Sweden (Malmö / Lund) and we’re aware of groups in Denmark too. I don’t think we’ve had much contact with any groups in Finland though. Do you know of anything happening there?

Hi, how are you today.

I meant community repair in general

I’ll ask my wife’s family to get some ideas in Finland and revert back

. thanks Steve

1 Like

I think a logical place for discussion about wanted pages, or indeed anything not related to an existing page, would be the Discussion page linked to the Main page.

Specific new or corrected information can go straight into the relevant page provided it can be fitted logically into the existing structure of a page. No need to worry too much about perfecting the English - I can do that when I moderate the changes.

But anything where you have incomplete information, and questions about the accuracy or completeness of existing material should go in the associated Talk page.

A quick reminder that the Wikithon is happening: :spiral_calendar: 2019-12-17T19:00:00Z (duration: 90 mins)

If you’d like to come along, please let us know by completing the poll above :+1:

Looking forward to it!

1 Like