As more of you get involved in accessing and contributing data about the devices we see at Restart Parties, we’d like your feedback to make the tool more useful and precise.
A bit of context:
Our new platform will make it easier for all Restarters to access and search for data of repairs that occurred at previous Restart Parties, for example to search for a category of device, and see recurrent faults, and ways in which they’ve been addressed.
The data we collect and share can contribute to change the way products will have to be designed in the future. Policy makers tell us that it would help to have more details about spare parts use; barriers to repairability; availability of repair information
We would like to improve the data we collect by adding the additional proposed information below. We’d like your feedback and thoughts, including about:
- any additional info (or option) we should consider
- is this feasible or possibly a bit too much information to ask?
For all repairs:
- URL of useful repair information used
- Whether it’s manufacturer or third party
For Fixed and Repairable devices:
- Did it require a spare part? (with options: from manufacturer/from third party/not needed)
For End-of-life devices:
- What were the barriers to repairing it? Multiple choice or drop-down question with the following options to choose from:
- spare parts not available
- spare parts too expensive
- no way to open the product
- repair information not available
- lack of equipment