Who's out there in Manchester for a meeting?

Hi all,

I’m a Digital Marketing student in Manchester coming from Turkey & interested in communities those preferably repair things:) Recently I’m preparing my final project at this start-up >> https://buyanypart.co.uk/ I’m trying to push a little bit more everyone here (in Manchester) and create something valuable for the International Repair Day this year. I promise, I have a samsung phone and a punctured bike waiting for a repair! Would anyone be up for small meeting a little bit of chat and even a bit of repairing soon during these following weeks?

Will be happy if anyone give me a shout!
All the best,
Simge

Hey @simge_Vurtak, nice to hear from you (James here - we met at The Pilcrow :wink: )

There are a couple of Manchester repair groups here I believe.

What is it you’d like to talk about? :slight_smile:

Hi James! I was wondering maybe we can collaborate with those who are in Man for the International Repair Day so that we can meet, take some photos and share them on social media below the common hashtag, why not? :slight_smile: I’ve also noticed Ugo’s message on Repair Day plan, I’m moving forward to that one too right now 0/

Great, sounds like an interesting idea Smige :slight_smile:

You might want to connect with @Matthew_Hayes, @Matthew_Ryan &/or @Sue_Archer who are involved with Levenshulme Repair Cafe.

It’s also worth knowing that Stitched Up are hosting a Repair Cafe on the 20th itself. I’m not sure if you met Bryony at Fixfest, but she helps organise events there. You should be able to contact Bryony or another organiser through their site.

@Ben_Green and @Chris_Leakey are also Manchester-based.

Hi there,

Thank you James for sharing this, probably I’ll be late this time for a specific repair day meeting but would definately want to visit sometime or chat with these repairing friends:)

Thanks!