The Guardian are Looking for Repair Café Stories

They’re looking for stories from people who have visited one recently, volunteer at one or have set one up.

2 Likes

Happy for you to give them my name - I co-founded St Albans District Fixers. However, we call ours Repair Fairs, held mainly in church halls and the like, but similar objectives. I’ve done stuff with the media 2 or 3 times in the past.

1 Like

@Sophie_3375 do you want to tell them about Repair Cafe Nunhead?

1 Like

Hi @philip, you should definitely respond to the Guardian’s call for evidence - I think they’d be also interested in hearing about all your involvement in building the London community of repair events, including your activity with Restart on skillsharing and all the great work behind the wiki! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Philip, If you follow the link in my original post you can submit some info to them. I’m not in direct contact with them, just was made aware of this and wanted to spread the word to encourage more folk to get in touch so they get a flavour of the amazing work going on across the country and hopefully cover it lots.

1 Like

Hi @Dave! Yes I did and spoke to them last week, fingers crossed we’ll be featured!

2 Likes

The Guardian have just published this piece:

Great to see you featured @Sophie_3375!

It’s nice to see a range of Repair Cafes featured and some lovely stories too. But I can’t help but feel like they missed an opportunity to share some of the wider UK context and also signpost people to the Community Repair Network map:

2 Likes

I’ve just found their post on Facebook re the article and added the map link :wink: Feel free to also do it and let’s make sure everyone can find their local group :egg_repair:

2 Likes