ReparatorAI - the app

ReparatorAI
How to know if your object could be fixed ? By knowing if it has been fixed in the past

Total free and easy to use app based on openrepair 55000 records dataset

https://share.streamlit.io/jeanmilpied/reparatorai/main/reparator.py

Feel free to use, share and make suggestions for improvement

Sincerely

6 Likes

Jean, this is really cool! :clap:

I looked up 3 year-old Acer laptops and it worked perfectly:

What kinds of use-cases to do see for this tool? :slight_smile:

I did encounter a few issues, e.g. searching for an object with an age, then deleting the object age produces an error.

Error message

File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/scriptrunner/script_runner.py", line 443, in _run_script exec(code, module.__dict__) File "/app/reparatorai/reparator.py", line 84, in <module> useful_data_age=useful_data[np.abs(useful_data.product_age - int(my_age))<=1]

And it would be really nice to filter the brand drop-down menu by the object type (to avoid having to go through the full list of brands).

Really nice little app though!

3 Likes

thanks James for the feedback,
I have corrected the bug, and the list of brands is filtered by the product type
the idea behind it is to motivate people to go for a reparation if they find that there is great chance it can be fixed (based on previous data),

i will look into cleaning the data a bit more for names spelling errors,

anyshare is appreciated!

thanks

1 Like

This is awesome. How can items be added? I know somebody with a clothes dryer that can’t handle a full load anymore. Both washing machine nor dryers are listed.

1 Like

The data being used by the app comes from the Open Repair Alliance dataset and relies on there being sufficient information to make a prediction. There are lots and lots of “computer” type devices - mobile phones, laptops etc. A quick query of the data gives me only 14 washing machines. It is heartening to know that they are all listed as “fixed” or “repairable” though.

3 Likes

Hi community
The app is now also available in French !

Have fun from Paris

2 Likes