Repair Gathering at 'The Big One' next Sunday (23rd April)

Hi everyone,

The Big One’ is happening on 21st - 24th April in Central London and some of us will be gathering on the Sunday to bring the voice of repair and waste prevention to the climate conversation.

It would be amazing to have lots of us gathered together, representing a wide spread of groups, and also a lovely opportunity to be together; share stories and dreams of a future in a waste free world.

So who’s able to join us?

We’ll be gathering near the Emmeline Pankhurst Statue in Victoria Tower Gardens South at 2pm on Sunday 23rd. (what3words: origin.globe.save)

At 2.45pm we’ll walk over to Parliament Square for the 'Daily Mass Gathering, at Parliament and join the rally together.

Bring yourselves, friends, banners, placards and stories.

If you’re coming and would like to connect beforehand, I’ll set up a WhatsApp group, so just email me your name, city/town/village and mobile number and I’ll add you to that. (repaircafeportsmouth@gmail.com)

Will be great to get together and add our voices. Looking forward to seeing some of you next weekend, and please do spread the word…the more the merrier!

Clare (Repair Café Portsmouth) & Fiona (Restart Project)

3 Likes

I cannot connect and see “The Big One” link.

I’ve got the error:

Your connection isn’t private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from extinctionrebellion.uk (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Ciao Sergio,

That’s odd, it works for me at the moment.

Here’s a screenshot of the page for reference (click to enlarge)

1 Like

Ciao James!
Now I can see it, maybe because now it runs in https.

Thank you.
Sergio

1 Like

One thought: it will be really crowded around St. James Park because that’s part of the Marathon route.

It might be easier to meet somewhere else, e.g. on the South Bank somewhere and then cross whichever bridge is least crowded.

1 Like

Thanks Dave…will check in with those coming. Are you able to join us?

We’ve changed our initial meeting location and will meet at 2pm near the Emmeline Pankhurst Statue in Victoria Tower Gardens South on Sunday 23rd. (what3words: origin.globe.save)

Thanks for the heads up @Dave

1 Like

Hi Clare,
Will be there in spirit regardless.
Hoping to be there in the flesh depending on tiredness level.

Hi Clare,
Unfortunately I’ve got committed elsewhere.

Have a great time. Good luck & I hope it doesn’t rain!