Repair Day 2023 (21st Oct) and a new repair & reuse declaration

Hi all,

It’s great to see lots of events in the UK on Repair Day. I just wanted to share a few ways to get involved whether or not you’re holding an event.

If you haven’t seen it already, there’s a UK-focused promotion pack here
You can add an event, or see what’s on here.

The focus in the UK will be the launch of a new repair & reuse declaration. Most of you will have seen/ fed into it over the summer, and it was great to get lots of helpful comments. We’ll be asking organisations to sign up from this weekend at Fixfest, and will circulate it to everyone next Monday, so please let me know if you’d like to be on the list to see it. Hoping to let a healthy list of signatories in time for Repair Day.

From Repair Day (21st Oct), the focus will be on getting MPs to support it, so…

• If you have an event on or after Repair Day, could you consider inviting your MP along and asking them to sign the declaration? There’s a template MP invite letter in the promo pack ^
  • Could you ask the people in your communities to contact their MP asking them to sign up to the declaration? We’ll have a form to help people do that from Repair Day.

And at Fixfest this weekend we’ll have a workshop to collectively think about what’s next, including what we ask people to do once their MP has signed up!

Thanks,

Fiona

3 Likes

Congrat’s ! We’ll be following your path by making an events in Hauts de France at the same time !

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard you’re doing loads - look forward to seeing it!