Is it possible to pull a list of completed repairs from the Fixometer API for a particular cafe group?

I’m looking at the Fixometer API to pull a JSON array of completed repairs for a specific cafe. I plan to publish the source code for the Cloudflare Worker, but need some advice on how the API is structured to retrieve this dataset.

So far I’m finding the PHP codebase a bit opaque to me, mostly because I’m used to Spring Boot and other languages. Maybe someone from Restarters could point me in the right direction?

Hi Dom,

There is actually a legacy endpoint for this, e.g. https://restarters.net/api/devices/1/20?sortBy=event_start_utc&sortDesc=DESC&group=Ulverston%20Repair%20Café

Those two numeric segments of the URL are page and size parameters respectively.

However, I wouldn’t recommend using this, as it’s from API v1.

I’ll note for us to create an endpoint for API v2. Note to self: I’d consider actually that api/v2/groups/x/items might be the better endpoint for this particular use case.

Cheers
Neil

1 Like

Hi Neil,

I’m happy to use APIv1 for now.

Can you ping me in the ticket for the API v2 feature request on GitHub,
so I can stay informed? My GitHub username is ‘@shymega’.

Will the legacy endpoint stay live for much longer? I do not want to
rely on an endpoint that might suddenly be removed before a V2
replacement is ready.