Event conversation not working

Hello

I am a host for Tooting Restart and we have an event coming up in May. I have accepted but suddently I cannot access the event conversation - it says it is private!

I don’t know if everyone is having a problem with that event, or just me?

Help!

Paula

Hi Paula,

Thanks for reporting this, sorry to hear you’re having issues accessing that message.
Can you access it by clicking this link (first making sure you’re logged in)?

Hi James

Yes that works! Do you know what’s wrong? Am i doing something stupid?

Paula

P.S. I replied via email but it hasn’t appeared so replying again. Maybe it’s delayed…

Great to hear it worked Paula!

The most likely reason is that you weren’t logged in. But if that wasn’t the reason, we may need to look into it further. How were you trying to access the message before?

Hi James

I was accessing via the ‘Event Conversation’ link in the event. How else would I access?

Paula

TBH I’m struggling to use the platform to administer the events, help welcomed!

Hi Paula,

I’ve had a look and it seems that there’s an issue with the system here. I think the event was created twice, which created 2 separate conversations. One was then deleted, but the conversation for that one became where most people replied. The link on that page points to the other conversation, that no-one is using. At least, that’s my guess! We’ll dig deeper.

You did the right thing to access it though - sorry about the issue.
You can also find it by going to your inbox. You can do that my clicking/tapping on your profile picture in the top right, and pressing on the envelope icon (pressing it once shows you a list of recent messages. Pressing it again takes you to your inbox page).

Alternatively, you can type g m on your keyboard to get there too.

Would you also like a quick demo to go through how to use the platform? Let me know and we can set one up :slight_smile: