Call-out for volunteer "Auxiliary Engineering Support" for NHS England by RAENG

Really encouraging.

RAENG is looking for all kinds of volunteer technicians and engineers :link: , to help with set-up, maintenance and repairs of medical equipment under the supervision of clinical engineers from NHS England.

The form seems ok with people without formal qualifications and the person spec too. Volunteering posts: Manchester, Birmingham and London (to start)

As you are aware, there are a number of new medical facilities being built at ExCel London - as well as two other Field Hospitals in Manchester and Birmingham - to treat patients with COVID-19. The NHS England staff along with the Army are managing these facilities and are well on the way to setting up the ITU beds and clinical services which will be needed to care for potentially over 4000 patients. However, as doctors, nurses and healthcare scientists are drawn from the hospitals and Trusts across the surrounding regions, additional support staff will be needed to ensure that services continue to run smoothly.

We have been approached by NHS England to find volunteers to help with a range of engineering requirements that will enable them to continue to deliver frontline services.

We know there a couple of ex-biomeds in the Restart community. Are there others who might be interested in helping? Please share your reactions below.

4 Likes

Looks like they’ve got a few volunteers already:

As you are aware, there are a number of new medical facilities being built at ExCel London - as well as two other field hospitals in Manchester and Birmingham - to treat patients with COVID-19.

The previous call for volunteers gained over 600 responses, and the process of contacting those people has now begun. We thank all who have replied and volunteered.

The call for volunteers in the other field hospitals will open soon, and links will be posted here.

:heart_eyes: :innocent:

2 Likes

Wow! Impressed with the big-hearted techs and engineers :raised_hands:

We will update this thread when, sadly/inevitably new sites open.

Heard on the radio this morning the next field hospital sites are likely to be Cardiff (@repair_cafe_wales, @anon67888051) and Glasgow (@repair_cafe_glasgow @Lauren_Crilly), so watch this space.

1 Like

I’ll share this info with our volunteer team!

2 Likes

I have been repairing some medical/laboratory equipment especially microscopes with my small company Reco Laboratory Supplies for over 40 years. I live near Faringdon in Oxfordshire which is rather remote and as I am now in my eighties I am not allowed to travel. If I can be of any assistance please contact me

2 Likes

Here it is again

Locations:

1 Like

For medical reasons I’m in isolation so I can’t sign up :frowning: but I’ve posted on our FB page.

2 Likes