Book Talk - Repair Revolution: How Fixers Are Transforming Our Throwaway Culture

2020-09-29T22:30:00Z

You’re invited! The Massachusetts Library System and Communities Responding to Extreme Weather (CREW) will be sponsoring a talk with John Wackman and Elizabeth Knight, authors of the book Repair Revolution: How Fixers are Transforming Our Throwaway Culture. This virtual talk will be hosted on Zoom as part of CREW’s Climate Preparedness Week. The talk will be moderated by Gabrielle Griffis a contributing writer to the book, Fixit Clinic organizer, and Blue Marble Librarian.

This event is free and open to all. Please feel free to share and check out the flyer in the MLS social media toolkit listed below.

Register for this program at: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82620194696

Learn more about Climate Prep Week and this event here:

3 Likes

This sounds great!

It starts a little early in the morning for me unfortunately - do you know whether the talk is going to be recorded @Gabrielle?

I believe so! It’s going to be live-streamed on some other platforms CREW’s YouTube/FB, recorded, and then, if all goes according to planned, shared to the Massachusetts Media exchange. I will be sure to send it along!

2 Likes

Hello!

Just wanted to share the ‘Repair Revolution’ book talk recording, which will soon also be available on the Mass Media Exchange as well.

[Edit: if you can’t see the video above, you can find the original here on Facebook]

All Best,

Gabrielle

3 Likes

Thanks so much Gabrielle! I’m excited to watch it :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: EPA webinar: The Value of Repair - Fixing Stuff and Strengthening Communities