You can see the full list here.
How does everyone feel about these?
Here are some pros and cons (this post is a wiki, so feel free to add your own):
- Can encourage new members to become involved and reward them when they do
- Can help new members get a quick idea of who is who in the community (e.g. by distinguishing more established members from newer ones)
- We could potentially create our own badges for community-specific activity, especially when this platform is linked to the Fixometer (e.g. has attended ‘x’ repair events, ‘is a member of a local group’, ‘has created an entry on the repair wiki’ etc.)
- Some people find badges annoying or generally don’t like them. This could mean they backfire by discouraging some to participate
As I see it, there are 3 options - feel free to vote (and post to explain your choice)
- Keep badges as they are
- Keep badges, but change them (e.g. remove some, create new ones)
- Get rid of badges completely