The Big Fix, 2020

On the Saturday the 15th of February, repair groups across the UK will be throwing the doors open to their local communities as part of The Big Fix 2020.

Organised by Recycle Devon and Devon County Council (:clap: @catherine_causley), The Big Fix is a nationwide celebration of repair and will see dozens of community repair events running at the same time.

It’s great to see a number of groups across the network running events on that day, including:

Restart HQ will also be running an event in Brixton - details here.

For more information about the Big Fix, Recycle Devon has you covered:
http://www.recycledevon.org/big-fix-2020

6 Likes

Hey James, sorry if I’ve missed it but what time will the event be in Brixton? We might be away but if not I’d like to come along to help out

Hi @Bridget_Harvey,

I’m not sure actually what time the event will be! Perhaps @Vanessa_Ternes can help here?

Hi @Bridget_Harvey,

We have not yet decided on a starting time, but very likely the event will be in the afternoon. I will let you know once I have more information!

At Stanford in the Vale Repair Cafe (Oxfordshire) on 15th February we are holding a Portable Appliance Test (PAT) Day where people can bring along their equipment for safety testing and repair if necessary… It could be a “Big fix”
Derek Sayers

That’s great @Derek_sayers! Feel free to add a Stanford in the Vale Repair Café group here on Restarters․net and create an event. Events listed here tend to do pretty well on Google, so might be good for some extra publicity :wink: You can find instructions for making a group here.

@nicole, @Margaret_Hersee, @steve.cousens - it looks like you’re not listed on the official Big Fix list maintained by Recycle Devon. If you’d like to be added (and included in the total), could get in touch with @catherine_causley’s team here to get registered?

You can also find promotional materials for the day here:
https://www.recycledevon.org/the-big-fix-2020-repair-cafe-pack

Catherine asked us to list ourselves on this but the person who’s taken over our group’s Fb page couldn’t work out how to do it. None of us are experts on Fb unfortunately.
Any suggestions?
Margaret

1 Like

Hi

Ah, I did let them know that we are taking part before Xmas. We are running a Repair Café as part of a big ‘Arbury Swap, Collect and Fix-fest’ – maybe I need to provide more info but will follow up.

Thanks

Nicole

1 Like

Perhaps @Sophie_Hudson could help you? She is our Facebook volunteer and has done an excellent job with this kind of thing @Margaret_Hersee.

Hi Nicole, sorry you are having problems. There is a registration form I send out over email - have you checked your spam files as sometimes my group emails end up there. Once I have that, I then send out the link to the promotional pack that is downloadable from our website. Plus I have a short video you can share on Facebook.

Please email me at Catherine.causley@devon.gov.uk and I will get the forms sent over to you.

It will be great to have you onboard

Many thanks

Catherine

1 Like

Hi Margaret, which repair cafe are you part of? Have you sent in your registration form? If you are having difficulties in joining the Facebook event page, I can ask my colleague to set you up - I am not very good at Facebook either!

Either way please email me at Catherine.causley@devon.gov.uk and I will be happy to help

Best wishes

Catherine

1 Like