(See more photos here)
Posting this from the train on the way back from a fantastic few days at Fixfest 2019 in Berlin! A huge thanks to everyone who came along and to our brilliant hosts Runder-Tisch Reparatur.
We thought it would be useful to collate our notes from all the different sessions here; with so much going on, none of us could be everywhere and we’d love to build a record of all the great talks and discussions that happened. This might also be interesting for those who couldn’t be there in person.
Runder Tisch Reparatur will upload the video streams filmed in room 1 and the speakers’ presentations.
Here is a Twitter list of participants that we compiled - DM @RestartProject if we missed you.
We can create a post in this discussion for each individual Fixfest session. I’ll make sure each post is a wiki post (or do that yourself), meaning anyone can edit it in order to add their own notes.
The full programme can be found here. I’ll also maintain a table of contents below to help us easily find the post for each session.
So please do add your notes/thoughts/recollections of the weekend below, either by creating a post about a particular session, or adding to an existing post by clicking the ‘Edit’ button.
- Kyle Wiens: Scaling the Repair Movement: Going Mainstream
- Melanie Jaeger-Erben: Resisting obsolescence - The role of a ‘culture of repair’ for sustainable development
- Niko Paech: The role of repair in the post-growth economy
- Markus Piringer: Repair & do-it-yourself urbanism
- She*fix: YouTube repair tutorials by women
- Building a mobile Repair Café: the story of Jena Repair Café
- Andreas Frisch: Repair Cafés & Maker Scene - Utilize Synergies
- Unconference: Lightning Talks
- Unconference: International (non-European) perspectives on community Repair
- European Right to Repair Campaign launch
- Unconference: Schools & Education
- Open Source & Repair: Podium and Discussion
- Making event listing easier to find online
- The Future of Fixfest (and the Open Repair Alliance)
[in progress - add more by replying with notes about anther session below]
Featured photo above by @Mark_Phillips.
Cc: @Andreu, @Chloe, @Colin_Fitzpatrick, @Dave, @Fernando_GA, @frances, @Inez_Louwagie, @Jana_Rueckschloss, @Janet, @Jessika_Richter, @Jonathan_Vigne, @Kaja_Juul_Skarbo, @Luc_Deriez, @magda_peeters, @Maja_van_der_Velden, @Margaret_Hersee, @Marie_Lefebvre, @Mark_Phillips, @Michael, @Mike_Grahn, @Monique, @Nebojsa_Adzic, @neil, @Purna, @Savino, @Sergio, @ugo, @Wouter_Sterkens