In the UK, want to go to Fixfest 2019, in Berlin? Please respond!

If you are in the UK :uk: please let us know how you are feeling about attending Fixfest in September - so we can gauge interest and create a fair process for allocating travel subsidies

• Iā€™m planning on going ā€” can pay my own way
  • Iā€™d really love to go ā€” but need help covering travel
  • Not interested this time
0 voters

Note: we have a limited budget for travel subsidies, so weā€™ll be giving priority to people who are actively involved in the community - online and/or offline.

Janet,
Iā€™m looking to find some alternative funding via a grant, so should be able to cover my costs. Happy to take pics. Iā€™m trying to tie the visit in to a number of other Berlin activities, there is another conference on (which I cannot afford) on Product Lifetimes and the Environment (PLATE) looking at sustainable and repairable design. also planning to tie in some other work. Cheers, Mark

1 Like

Great to hear that you are looking for grant funding. Your participation would be really ace. Perhaps you can present a ā€œPosterā€ at PLATE?

1 Like

Hi Janet

Sorry, canā€™t make those dates.

Rosemary

1 Like

Just copying in a couple of people/groups who might be interested @Marie_Lefebvre @Divya_Pujara @Chris_Moller @Mike_Grahn @Ian_Barnard @Repair_Cafe_Wales @Sophia_Flucker @Clare_Seek

Hi Janet

Susie and I are minded to go.

Mike

2 Likes

Hi Janet

I would have checked the fourth option ā€˜interested but canā€™t commit yetā€™ if there were one. Seriously I am interested but it looks like weā€™re moving house and that takes priority.

Regards
Ian

2 Likes

If you could take the poll :point_up:, that would be great

Sadly I canā€™t change the poll, but Iā€™ll note your interest! :slight_smile:

I am happy to come along to share the work we did in Leicestershire. It will be nice if some of the people of the newly created group wanted to come along too - for example @steve.cousens, @Tony_Cullen . Are you thinking to come along too @Divya_Pujara or pondering? @steven_charles I am aware that you travel often to Germany, would it be something that you would like to attend? it would be nice to take the train too, yet I do understand the cost constraints. :smiley:

1 Like

Unfortunately I think I shall be too busy to attend especially as i seems to be iā€™m continually playing catch up as a result of ill health, but i think taking some of the new fixer group hosts along to a fixfest to inspire and be inspired would be an excellent idea, its certainly my plan to get as many of them as possible to attend the next UK one ooo-xxx

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Divya! And yes, weā€™re already starting to think about Fixfest UK in 2020, so never fear.

1 Like

Thanks for participating here. Weā€™ll be in touch directly with @Sarah_Maloy @Marie_Lefebvre @Dave @Tim @Mark_Phillips @benski @Mike_Grahn and keep @Ian_Barnard in the loop.

Consider this the last call for this offerā€¦

1 Like

Hello,

Can you update me on the fix fest, please. I need to book some time off with work so would like to know the plan :D.

Are you still covering the trip to berlin. How does it work when it comes to leading sessions and other things.

I have a colleague who would like to run a session but we are uncertain what the organisers have planned.

It would be also nice to meet with any other groups who are doing some outreach work to have a chat with.

Keep me in the loop.

2 Likes

Retweeting @Marie_Lefebvre here.

We would love to get any updates regarding Fixfest. How are tickets coming along? HKUST might be interested in subsidising the trip for our team but we need to provide the deets to them.

Weā€™d also be happy to share our Asian perspective on repair and what it means, but weā€™re happy to adapt based on what the organisers are looking for.

Let us know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the nudge @Marie_Lefebvre and @Fernando_GA :wink:

Weā€™ve got an important update about Fixfestā€¦

Registration for Fixfest is now open!
Tickets are free, so please do register for tickets now and :arrow_right_hook: forward the confirmation email to fixfest@therestartproject.org

Once youā€™ve done that, weā€™ll get in touch about travel and so on.
Itā€™s worth noting that the main eligibility criterion for travel subsidies is having all your Fixometer data up to date.

In terms of running your own session, the programme has been largely finalised but thereā€™s a significant portion set aside for ā€˜unconferenceā€™ style sessions:

An important part of Fixfest will be the unconference sessions we will hold during the whole of Saturday and on Sunday morning. Here you can spontaneously discuss topics, present your projects and discuss issues that had to be cut short in other formats.

These would be the perfect opportunities for you to run your own sessions Marie and Fernando :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Weā€™re starting to make travel inquiries for travellers outside of the UK, as theyā€™ve followed our request above and registered (fwding registration email to us) ā€” weā€™ll be in touch with them soon. Those in the UK, please do this as soon as you can, @Sarah_Maloy @Marie_Lefebvre @Dave @Tim

I booked for the event. Thanks for your reply.

2 Likes

Please forward the registration email to fixfest@therestartproject.org