Ain't no party like a FaultCat party - join us online, 29th Jan

This event has now finished.

You may have seen FaultCat :smiley_cat: recently, our online microtasking game for repair data. (And maybe you’ve had a go already!)

Every opinion given through FaultCat helps us make sense of information about repairs attempted at community repair events. We’re aiming for a target of 9000 opinions by the end of the month.

There’s a couple thousand more to do to hit that target…

So we’re having a FaultCat-a-thon and everyone’s invited :partying_face:

:spiral_calendar: 2020-01-29T20:00:00Z (duration: 90 mins)
click/tap the time to see it in your time zone

What’s this all about?

As part of the Right to Repair Europe Campaign, we’re aiming to bring citizen repair data to EU policymakers to influence future regulations. We expect there to be an opportunity to influence regulations of design for repairability for laptop computers in 2020, and we’re collaborating with ECOS and other organisations to submit evidence based on our data.

As part of this, we’re using FaultCat to help us figure out what some of the faults are that the community has seen in the computers that have been brought to community repair events. Find out more here.

How does it work?

The FaultCat party :man_dancing: will be happening entirely online. We’ll start with a quick video/audio chat (optional) and then open a live text chat to help us all keep in touch.

FaultCat is fun, and it all works on consensus of opinion, so you don’t need to be an expert fixer to make a contribution.

And @Monique and I will be on hand to answer any questions, and chat about FaultCat and the repair data that the cat is looking at.

If you can make it along, please RSVP by completing the poll below. See you there!

Would you like to come along?

:spiral_calendar: 2020-01-29T20:00:00Z
:clock8: Duration: 90 mins

• Count me in
  • I can’t make it this time, but I’ll do some FaultCat in solidarity
0 voters
2 Likes

Bumping this for tomorrow (Wed 29th) - come and join us for an online group session looking at faults with FaultCat :slight_smile:

Hi @Data crew! (That is, everyone who’s helped out with data dives in the past) :wave:

Just flagging that we’re hosting an online FaultCat party tonight:
2020-01-29T20:00:00Z

Full details above, but we’re now over 2/3 of the way to our target of 9,000 opinions - if we get there, we’ll be in a strong position to really use this data in a significant way! Can you help us cross the line this evening?

Hope to see you there!

1 Like

We’ve made it past 7,000 - only 2,000 to go :sweat_smile:

I’ve joined too - is there a text chat ?

Jitsi - link in original post

Thanks all who joined! - we gave opinions on 1487 faults, getting us up to 8052.

:cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :white_large_square:

Just 10% to go!

1 Like

Other highlights:

• saw @neil’s spartan home furnishings!
  • heard @ugo’s noisy keyboard (not mechanical :nerd_face:)
  • learned how to say “dead” “not booting” “gone crazy” in three languages :it: :de: :netherlands:

And the most exciting…

• came up with a disruptive business idea: the 21C Shipping News. Audio sleep-aid of slowly-read fault data from the Fixometer - accepting suggestions of voices
7 Likes

You missed the 20 broken laptops just out of shot :wink: :laptop: